Five things we learned:
- Corman had studied industrial engineering, but learned the Stanislavsky acting method to be able to talk to actors.
- He sees limitations (budget, time, special effects) as a challenge. Early movies shot in 10 days.
- One of Corman's films was partly by shot by him, Francis Ford Coppola, Monte Hellman, Jack Hill and Jack Nicholson. Roger says Nicholson was a talented writer.
- He knew of the ALIEN story, but it was not offered to him.
- Formed company, New World Pictures, in 1970, interested primarily in contemporary stories. The likes of JAWS and STAR WARS meant he could no longer compete in those genres.