Five nuggets gleaned from the RED 2 press conference:
1. Helen Mirren thought it’d be funnier to be Queen Elizabeth I rather than the current monarch. The writers thought it’d be hilarious for her to play the Queen of England.
2. Bruce Willis was not a comic book guy as a child; he spent most of the time outside.
3. When asked about singing roles, Willis says he shouts in key, rather than sings.
4. When Mirren was offered the part in the original RED, she was initially worried people would think she had sold out; but then realised how stupid that thought was.
5. Willis prefers to make people laugh rather than fight people on screen.