- He’s a star in his own right, eclipsing most actors,
- Not only that, Alfred is then the most famous director “in the history of the medium”,
- He’s coming off a big hit, NORTH BY NORTHWEST,
- There is a deep desire to be recognised by the establishment (he never won a best director Oscar),
- Hitch appears worried about his future, fearful of being pigeonholed, and
- Being the master entertainer, a desire still prevails to shock an audience who might be getting used to his tricks.
Out this Friday, Anthony Hopkins as HITCHCOCK.
My take on it: