Seven things we learned:
- Without psychiatry horror films don't exist. Argento opines that at the moment South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Japan are making good horror; there is the understanding of fear.
- Five generations of his family in the movies. He is the third. Father was friends with Fellini.
- Would have been happy staying as a film critic - being paid to watch films.
- Lesson learnt from director Sergio Leone: The camera is the master. (Does an amusing impression of the spaghetti western maestro.)
- Was in jail for three days. Says a good experience, met different people, no different to college. Maybe for a long time terrible, three days is a good vacation.
- Talk turned to SUSPIRIA remake. Dario observes remakes are just for the money. If you want to see the film, put on the DVD.
- Is doing an opera of MACBETH in Italy at the moment.