He was articulate and charming, giving full answers to the questions posed to him.
Five things I learnt from the Q&A with Choi Min-sik:
1. On the 1st October, Min-sik is meeting writer-director-producer Luc Besson to discuss starring in LUCY with Morgan Freeman and Scarlett Johansson.
2. Min-sik is looking forward to the OLDBOY remake. He admires actor Josh Brolin.
3. Compassion is guiding principle in choosing future work, in part answer to a question on the brutality of some of his previous roles.
4. Min-sik persuasively defends the necessity of having national screen quotas to protect local cinema on a number of levels
5. When reflecting back on roles, Min-sik makes an analogy to past romances - you always regret that you couldn't have been better. He tries his best.