Five things I learned about Brian Cox, from his talk at the House of St Barnabas (http://www.hosb.org.uk) this week:
1. He was a Beatles fan over The Stones, who were too rarefied, too London. He can do a comedy Mick Jagger impression.
2. Knew he was at home in the theatre (at Dundee Rep), when -
i. He walked in on a fight taking place among the players as a result of an all-nighter, and
ii. Everyone called him “darling”.
3. There is a rumour circulating that Brian Cox was in THE PRISONER television show. He squashed that, he wasn’t, though admires Patrick McGoohan.
4. Cox has played both Stalin and Trotsky, and is the only Scottish actor to be in both BRAVEHEART and ROB ROY.
5. Of acting, Brian says that it is about totality. You are always coming from somewhere, and heading somewhere. It is not about the length of the part.